HomeAbout MeArchivesBooks I CraveChallengesRating SystemPolicyContact

Friday, August 7, 2009

Booking Through Thursday *1*

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme, that is mostly about books and reading! Find out more here!


Todays question is:
What’s the most serious book you’ve read recently?(I figure it’s easier than asking your most serious boook ever, because, well, it’s recent!)

This one is really, I mean REALLY hard for me, saying the fact that I can't remember the last time I read a serious book! Most of what I read is fluff and fiction. Because reading is an escape for me. But if I would have to think back to the last serious book I read, it would have to be In the Meantime by Robin Lippincott. It's been a few months since I read that one, but it was definitely serious in my opinion. There were actually a few times in that book that I had to close it and just sit there for a bit to regain control of where my mind was wanting to take the imagery that was already heavy. It's a good book, maybe a bit slow at first for younger readers (it took me a bit to get into it at first). But good none the less. I should warn, it's not a book for the younger set seeing as it deals with racism, death, infidelity, sex, homosexuality, war, etc. But it is a book that can provide a bit of perspective on some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Comments are always appreciated!