The first challenge I'm joining is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge, which is hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren!
What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
- The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
* I would like to limit the novels to those released in 2010.
You’ll have to do all the research to make sure a novel meets the criteria for the challenge. I do have a few sites that can help with your search; 2010: A Book Odyssey/The Tenners, AuthorsNow & The Class of 2k10.
I am hoping to read at least 15 debut titles this year. Hopefully, there will be more than that, but 15 is the number I'm committing to!
Titles in bold are the ones that I either own, or already have arrangements to receive (blog tours and stuff like that)
- Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
- Restoring Harmony by Joëlle Anthony
- Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
- Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White
- Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
- The Line by Teri Hall
- Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore
- The Naughty List by Suzanne Young
- Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
- Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
- The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard
- The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
- Sea by Heidi R. Kling
- Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus