HomeAbout MeArchivesBooks I CraveChallengesRating SystemPolicyContact

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Booking Through Thursday *2*


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme, that is mostly about books and reading! Find out more here!
Today's question is:

What’s the worst book you’ve read recently?(I figure it’s easier than asking your all-time worst, because, well, it’s recent!)

This is hard...I can't actually think of an actually bad book lately. I don't know that I would actually call it a bad book per say, I just know it was a book I couldn't finish and sent back. It was a book called Winter Wood by Steve Augarde. It was the third book in a trilogy, which I didn't know at first, and it was so complicated and hard to understand. I spent over two weeks trying and trying to read this book, but I never got passed page 60 or so. It was just a no-go. I felt bad for not being able to read it, but I was so bored and confused and had no clue what was going on. I don't quite know if that constitutes it being a bad book, but in my opinion, it was bad.


2 comments:

  1. I never read out of order, way too confusing. Do you think it was worth trying to read the trilogy from book 1? Or was the writing not great?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't normally read out of order either, but I think that was why I didn't care for it. The writing itself was actually good. It was the story that confused me to death!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Comments are always appreciated!