HomeAbout MeArchivesBooks I CraveChallengesRating SystemPolicyContact

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Booking Through Thursday *6*

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme, that is mostly about books and reading! Find out more here!

Today's question is:

Do you think any current author is of the same caliber as Dickens, Austen, Bronte, or any of the classic authors? If so, who, and why do you think so? If not, why not? What books from this era might be read 100 years from now?

This is kind of a hard question and I think there are a few books that might end up on bookshelves and in hands 100 years from now, but for the most part I don't really think many books now have been to the caliber and degree that the Classics of our era have been. Jane Austen has been spun off of and continued on so many times that it's impossible to keep up. How many Mr. Darcy books do you see just in the book aisle at your local Walmart or Target? I know I saw at least 6 last week and those are just the ones that come to mind. I can't think of anything that would be continued on like that 100 years from now. There are a ton of fabulous books out there that I would hope 100 years from now will still be appreciated are adored, but realistically I don't know that they will.

What about you guys? You guys have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Comments are always appreciated!